- September 8, 2020
- Posted by: TSH
- Category: The Startup Hatchery
We help corporate companies, universities and physical incubators who want to implement online entrepreneurship programmes and reduce costs to have a bigger measurable impact by providing business and digital expertise.
The Startup Hatchery is a virtual business incubator for entrepreneurs, innovators and change-makers. We provide a hands-on virtual learning experience through online entrepreneurship training, mentorship and business support accessible anywhere, anytime.
We empower entrepreneurs by developing their skills in areas that are necessary to achieve their personal and professional goals and provide support to create an innovative entrepreneurial ecosystem.
What we do:
The 48-hour event involves inviting students from selected tertiary institutions to solve a problem in an industry. Students are provided with mentorship and guidance by industry experts.
Early Childhood Development Virtual Business Mentorship Programme:
The 6-month virtual mentorship programme supports early childhood development practitioners to equip them with the necessary business skills to grow their early childhood development businesses.
Fashion Business Incubation Programme:
The 12-month Fashion Business Incubation Programme is a virtual programme to help develop the business skills of fashion entrepreneurs.
Grow Your Business Virtual Programmme:
This 10-week online programme is designed for entrepreneurs that have been in business for more than 2 years. Entrepreneurs develop a detailed business model canvas and business plan to guide and support them to practically implement concepts into their business to help them achieve growth.
University Entrepreneurship Programme:
The aim of the programme is to develop an innovative and entrepreneurial culture at universities. The Programme incorporates:
- Battle of the Faculties Pitching Competition
- Business Workshops hosted on campus
- Founder Fridays with talks by inspirational founders
- Virtual Business Incubation providing resources and support to students at universities and help them start and grow a business.
Virtual Partner for Physical Incubators:
We help you migrate your existing face-to-face programmes to an online platform and provide assistance with the design and implementation of digital content, facilitation, mentorship and support.
Pitch Tank Pitching Competition:
Pitch Tank offers innovators, entrepreneurs and change makers an opportunity to pitch their innovative business ideas to a panel of investors and industry experts for a chance to win prizes and receive valuable feedback.
- Pitch Tank 1.0
- In February 2018, we launched South Africa’s latest entrepreneur pitching and learning platform, Pitch Tank. Pitch Tank offers early stage entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn, grow, connect and boost their confidence through pitch presentations. By getting up on stage and pitching their business ideas, entrepreneurs gain exposure and interest from both potential users and potential funders. As part of the experience, they get invaluable business and mentorship support through an experienced group of judges and industry experts and receive immediate feedback on your pitch.
- Pitch Tank Battle of the Faculties
- The challenge was open to all University of Western Cape students to bring their innovative business ideas into the spotlight. The inter-faculty innovation challenge has been conceived to embed a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship throughout the university. Winners have been selected to participate in our virtual incubation programme.
- Pitch Tank North
- Entrepreneurs pitched innovative solutions to the challenges we face in the Bellville area included unemployment, homelessness, crime & unsafe spaces, drug abuse, urban grime and litter, property value degradation, accommodation issues, urban regeneration and walkability.
- Open Call Video: http://bit.ly/GTPOpenCall
- Event Video: http://bit.ly/GTPEventRecap
- Interview Video: http://bit.ly/GTPInterviews